Sunday, October 14, 2012

Future Predictions

I received a tarot card reading whilst at a boutique with the women of my family. My mother was skeptical, worried he was a con man. I, however, knew he was legitimate. It was obvious in the way he drew on his mustache, goatee, and jaw-lining beard. He must have used a high quality crayon because only people with eyes could see that his face was hairless.
I was first in line for the reading. I don't know what I wanted to hear(that's a lie, I'm a girl who has a boyfriend and a wedding board on Pinterest, we all know what I wanted to hear), but I was open to anything. My first card told me I would be receiving a gift of money. Whether that was referring to the ten dollars my mom gave me to pay the man or the grant I recently applied for, I do not know. He then told me that I should go on the upcoming trip I was debating about. I took that to mean I should go to Disneyland with my best friend, thinking I would pay for it with the gift of money I would be receiving soon. That's obviously what it's meant for.
My next card told me I would see an old friend soon. He said someone from high school with whom I've lost touch will pay me a visit. I'm not sure who he means, for I'm certain everyone I knew in high school has forgotten my name. But, being an optimist, I will keep my schedule clear for the rest of the year should someone stop by. If said person is reading this, my name is Sherece, and I am free most nights and all day Sunday. Bring a gift.
Those are the only cards that remained in my mind. My immediate future looks brighter than a tanning bed.
Except for the card that told me I would get in an accident soon. Bring me flowers when I'm in the hospital.
I like purple ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment